Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury, N.J.

20190624092824492_0011.jpg

Title

Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury, N.J.

Subject

Shrewsbury (N.J.); Monmouth County (N.J.); History; Churches; Postcards

Description

Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury, N.J. was settled in 1665 by Quakers and ' pious people resembling Presbyterians'. Whie services were held from the beginning, the formal organization of a Presbyterian Church occurred about 1732. In 1750, this church helped secure a royal charter and an official seal proclaiming 'Religious Liberty' which is the oldest known corporate seal of any American Presbyterian Church.

Source

NJ 974.974 MOR BOX 24

Publisher

Dorn's Photo Shop, Red Bank, N.J.

Date

Not dated

Format

JPEG

Original Format

Printed postcard

Physical Dimensions

3.5 x 5.5

Citation

“Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury, N.J.,” The Archive Project, accessed May 13, 2021, https://mcldig6930.omeka.net/items/show/706.